Friday, September 17, 2010

computer keep locking?

OK. I just now purchased a new MB, a PCI-E graphics card, up to date processor, and new RAM for an upgrade. I wasn't have any problems with my previous computer until that time, so the HDD are good. Now, at all over the place moments, my PC freezes. Typically when I play WoW, but it has frozen on IE and elsewhere. I hold to reset, but I get no errors, no compliants from Windows, nought. The only piece slightly warm is the graphics card itself. Northbridge is cool, and CPU & RAM are not going above 100. Drivers and CMOS is up to date. Any thinking?

computer keep locking?

it kinda sounds like you're running out of power if it's occurring while playing WoW...How big is your power supply? i'd suggest at least a 550 next to PCI-E.
most likely the graphics card. metamorphosis it back and see what happen.
Sounds like a Memory sim issue; Do you hold any other sims you can swap out as a check ?
Well, if the CPU is even up at 80, that could be a problem. I would start with the RAM. If you own two chips, take one out and see if the problem happen again.



Also, maybe your power supply is not suitable enough for adjectives that new stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment