Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Computer w/ RAID 0 slipshod... installing on topical computer?

I have a computer with an Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard, and have two SATA drives (Silicon Image SATA Controller) in a RAID 0 configuration. OS be on a normal IDE drive. The mobo crashed, bought a current ASRock 775Dual-VSTA. How can I get my RAID 0 pay for? I'm worried the VIA RAID utility might erase all the background. Is there any means of access (knoppix, maybe?) to run in and verbs off the notes I need first, and afterwards create a new RAID 0 array? I'm a newbie when it comes to dealing beside RAID, so I thought I would reach out to an expert!





Thanks!

Computer w/ RAID 0 slipshod... installing on topical computer?

Um...something is wrong next to your question. You can't DO RAID 0 near only 2 drives. You'd inevitability a 3rd drive for parity. Are you sure it's not a RAID 1 mirror??
First bad, RAID 0 technically isn't a RAID. The whole point of using a RAID controller is for redundancy, and RAID 0 is not redundant at adjectives. That being said, you probably can't get better your data. The array have to rebuild back you can access any information. I've dealt near this situation once and only lost the operating system, but that be luck. I would recommend changing the RAID to 1 which mirrors respectively drive, or even RAID 5 but you would need another concrete drive (requires 3 or more). But with both configurations the Hard Drive size must be like. Just do a search on RAID Configurations and you will acquire everything you will need.
villa rental in cancun

No comments:

Post a Comment