Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Computer will NOT authorize Memory(RAM)?

I hold a P4P800S-X motherboard and a Pentium 4 CPU (2.4 Ghz 2400Mhz and 533 FSB). I have be using a Sumsung 512 RAM (PC3200 DDR400) and recently I granted to add another one that is to say identical. However, the computer would not make out it. In the BIOS set up I can see that I have 1024MB but when I check on My Compter properties I singular see 504MB and no improvement within speed. I have checked both the sticks of RAM and the slots on the motherboard individually and they are worthy. I have used a PC2700 DDR 333 1GB stick (the motherboard businesswoman recommends PC2700 DDR 333 for 533 FSB) and I still see 504MB simply! I have updated the BIOS and still no pious news.



Any comfort or tips will be welcome. Thanks.

Computer will NOT authorize Memory(RAM)?

I've never see the OS not recognize what the BIOS see.

Download Belarc Advisor, www.belarc.com

Or try from CMD: mem /c

or DXDIAG from prompt.



maybe those will see the authentic amount of RAM available to the OS.



Also, the link have some good things for you to also try. Give it a read.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment