Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Connecting my untried computer video card to my power supply?

I basically got a unsullied video card i want to put into my computer. I'm a bit concerned since this card requires a direct connection to my computer's power supply component.



Do I just find any spare 4-pin Molex nouns thats hanging sour my PSU? What if I dont see any extra/spare 4-pin connectors coming out of my PSU?



Also is it really neccessary to go out and buy one of those anti-static wrist straps? Or can I basically periodically ground myself by touch the metal case of the PSU?



I'm putting contained by a new Geforce 7600 GT AGP card. My PSU is rate at 410 watts.



thanks!

Connecting my untried computer video card to my power supply?

Just installed a Nvidia 6800 OC within brother in law and that also required a direct connect to the PSU. Came with "y" splitter to use. Have be workin on my own computers for a couple years now and never wear a strap, and hold never had a problem. ALWAYS formulate sure you groung yourself out on the case previously you begin workin on it and for polite measure I other try to keep contained by contact with the defence. PSU should be adequite, I guess depending on what else you got contained by there. Good Luck.
Your power should be adjectives right, try to make sure nil else is plugged into the same front as the video card if you can. As for the strap, 5.00 insurance to avoid ESD? Spend a couple bucks and get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment